Business Unit: Large Gas Turbines, Generators
Requisition Number: 231174
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Charlottesville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation,
transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions
– from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’
portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines
for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications,
power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and
related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit:
Are you a hands-on leader? Can you thrive in a dynamic manufacturing environment? In this critical role, you will work with a multi-functional team performing day-to-day operations of the procurement function for Siemens Charlottesville. You will engage with the Manufacturing team to set up the purchasing parameters in our ERP system, perform the tasks as described below, and jump in and contribute with other related tasks, as needed. It is expected that you will be in a non-supervisory role, but the position could grow with additional responsibilities and opportunities added at a later date.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for:
- Analyzes material availability and ensures no material outages, runs purchase orders including tracking; checking of content to ensure cost-efficient and on time supply of materials according to demand.
- Assists the ERP integration team with configuring and maintaining the ERP system from a procurement point of view, including setting up builds of material (BOMs), maintaining prices, lead times, routings, etc.
- Understands the MRP/ERP functions and rules and continuously aims for improvements in the system (usage, accuracy, compliance, etc.) and integration into the manufacturing process.
- You will interact with other Siemens Energy Inc. facilities to demonstrate purchasing opportunities and strategies for direct material.
- Works closely with Siemens strategic purchasing to use all non-direct purchasing categories, such as CAPEX, Tooling, MRO, and indirect purchasing.
- Ensures compliance with Siemens Procurement Guidelines and usage of Siemens contract partners to ensure the usage of Terms & Conditions and, by that, obtaining the highest feasible cost reductions.
- Maintains and updates supplier master data (if mandated); archive documents according to regulations to keep the database accurate and up to date.
- Processes purchase requests (depending on thresholds), adds necessary information (e.g. Commodity Code (ESN), INCOTERMS).
- May generate savings to supply to the success of the business and make results visible.
- Actively cooperates with all other parties involved passing on all relevant information to improve the flow of material and value through the supply chain.
- Forwards systematically all relevant Procurement related project information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep all project participants updated.
- Improves overall purchasing efficiency.
We look for the following skills to be successful in this role:
- Achieved a Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field
- Accumulated 2-5 years’ experience in procurement and material planning (strong MRP background).
- Detailed knowledge of Purchasing and Supply Chain Department operations.
- Critical working knowledge of SAP and department processes; systems & configuration knowledge preferred.
- Shown strength with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical ability and complex problem solving skills.
- Self-starter with initiative; ability to function with minimal supervision.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work within team environment.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time domestically.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
You will move to the top of the pack:
- Useful knowledge of the investment casting industry or highly engineered commodities
- prior experience with make versus buy decisions
- Hands on Six Sigma training and Lean manufacturing methodology
- You will have an understanding of demand forecasting and inventory management
- Past experience in multinational organization
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we would like to meet you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.