Principal Solution Architect - Global MOM Services (SME) for Simatic IT Unified Architecture (UA) Automotive - Any Major U.S. City
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 231184
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
He/she is expected to have experience with implementing MES solutions in the automotive industry and to develop a deep understanding of Simatic IT Unified Architecture.
The understanding of Simatic IT UA is intended to be around the implementation (services) of these products across one or more related industries/domains.
The role requires a passion for helping customer achieve realized value, a vision for improving Siemen’s position in the Manufacturing Operations marketplace, a desire to increase our market share in industries that we serve, and a drive for continuously improving the processes that we use to achieve successful implementations and the willingness to travel globally.
This role will report directly to the Global Practice Lead for MOM Services. This Practice sits within the Global Services organization and will work extensively with the Zone MOM Services Delivery teams.
- Overall responsibility – This role is a Global Role related to the implementation of Simatic IT Unified Architecture MES. In this role the resource will be involved in complex, strategic programs that span across Zones and will be critical in enabling capacity.
- Curate impactful IP that will enable Zones and Partners
- Act as “solution sponsor” to strategic projects to ensure successful solution delivery
- Support services selling in strategic pursuits with scoping and estimating expertise
- Bill time in strategic projects as a Principle Solution Architect
- Enable Services and Partners through training delivery, mentoring, support, etc.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years hands on experience implementing Production Suite
- 5 years of experience working with manufacturing-related industries
- 5 years of experience implementing MOM solutions
- Travel is international and is expected to be as much as 70% at times – averaging around 50%
- Deep understanding of Manufacturing Execution Systems with an awareness (and ability to quickly learn) Production Suite Unified Architecture.
- Skilled with the architecture, configuration, and integration of MOM Solutions.
- Experience with querying SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Strong customer and inter-personal skills, excellent English verbal and written communication abilities, the proven ability to gather and apply customer requirements, and the ability to quickly diagnose and troubleshoot issues.
- Engineering Degree
- Hands on experience in the automotive (preferably OEM)