Business Developer - Motors
Business Unit: Large Drives
Requisition Number: 231197
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Business Developer - Motors
Manage a sales region in support of low and medium voltage motors. Specific responsibilities include (A) Channel Management for LV and MV Motors,(B) Contract negotiation for End-User agreements, (C) roll out of the agreements to Channel and OEM’s, and (D) OEM development for low voltage motor OEMs.
- Partner with sales and sales management to develop additional profitable business with regards to LV and MV motors.
- Responsibilities will involve interaction with distribution, end users and OEM’s.
- The person’s primary function will be growing / managing motors business within the South Central sales region.
· The position will report within the motors business to the Sales Specialist Manager for the United States.
· Supports the respective sales organization of the unit in approaching and serving potential customers best and advices both sales organization and customers in capabilities and options how to use and integrate Siemens' offerings effectively.
· Complements sales organization and customers as an expert in product application and commissioning with respect to the portfolio of the assigned organizational unit.
· Constantly analyzes product portfolio of the dedicated customers client overall goals and objectives .
· Plans and completes consulting assignments to industry partners on technical and commercial level.
· May initiate the establishment of expert teams and facilitates team activities.
· Support the sales organization in contract negotiations at all stages with information and analyses.
· May be responsible for identifying and developing business opportunities and innovating consulting portfolio.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Deep professional experience in the motors industry.
- Bachelor degree in related field
- 5+ Years in Sales, Sales Specialist or Channel Management. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Role will require up to 30% travel
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Motors experience in the Houston market (OEM, distribution, User)