Account Executive - Building Automation Solutions & Service Sales - Grand Rapids, MI
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 231208
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Wyoming
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for a
dynamic Account Executive to manage and grow our Building Automation Solutions
and Service group located in Grand Rapids, MI. The primary responsibility of
the Account Executive is to grow, develop, and manage mechanical contractor and
consulting engineering relationships within the assigned territory, as well as
drive business from our existing owner-direct customer base.
• Develops new business relationships with Facility Owners, Design Engineering Firms and Contractor Clients to position and create business cases to utilize Siemens Industry Inc. solutions in their facilities and new construction projects. Typical decision-makers contacted include New Facility Owners: facilities/engineering departments, process management and financial management; General and Mechanical Contractors: firm owners, estimators and project managers; Consulting Engineers: firm owners and project managers. Responsible to develop/maintain/expand these relationships within assigned areas of responsibility. Typical vertical markets targeted for this position include Healthcare, Higher Education, K-12, Industrial, Corporate and Commercial Office buildings.
• Creates and implements strategic sales strategies to successfully position Siemens to secure targeted projects in a competitive environment.
• Effectively assist consultant engineers with Sequence of Operations and Specification development for Building Automation Systems.
• Develop technical proposals, estimates, and Sales presentation while working with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures smooth sales to operations turnover and monitors project execution. Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
• Participates in networking through professional organizations such as ASHRAE, MCA, ASHE, 24X7 to build a network of contacts to advance achievement of sales targets.
• Actively participates in sales department meetings, workshops and seminars. Ideal candidate desires to consistently grow in professional knowledge and independently states current on market, business and product trends to deliver results to our clients.
• Develops and deploys account management strategies and prepares annual technology roadmap for current contractors, consultants and prospective owner clients.
• Team sells with other Division partners when appropriate to bundle solutions and expand Siemens participation in opportunities. Other solutions typically bundled include Fire Alarm Systems, Security Systems, and Low & Medium Voltage products. Drives & coordinates new business across all product lines to meet objectives.
• Focus on customer retention by building Trusted Advisor relationships with Contractors, Design Consultants and targeted end users.
• Develops and builds long-term relationships with all assigned contractors and consultants.
• Expand the value of assigned accounts for all Siemens Building Technology offerings.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
• At least 6+ years of HVAC Controls industry experience preferred, although candidates with less directly related industry experience will also be considered if the candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and similar industry sales experience
• Requires technical and financial expertise to effectively and independently estimate and sell technical solutions and service product lines.
• Must have a “hunter” sales mentality
• LEED AP or LEED GA preferred
• ASHRAE affiliation preferred
• Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid Driver’s License in good standing and meet eligibility requirements to participate in the required Siemens Business Vehicle Plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.