Sr. Application Support Engineer (Sustaining Engineer)
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 231236
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Locations: Charlotte, NC or Fremont, CA
The Sr. Application Support Engineer (Sustaining Engineer) will represent MOM (Manufacturing Operations Management) - TSS (Technical Support Services) in a technical role that interacts with enterprise level customers, engineers, and managers to isolate and solve complex MOM product issues. This role will also participate in building maintenance updates for supported released code and assist with escalated customer issues. The engineer will apply advanced knowledge of MES software and platforms to investigate and resolve problems by making use of troubleshooting skills, problem isolation procedures, and troubleshooting tools. In addition, this role requires programming skills to create maintenance updates for released software. You will be responsible for managing customer expectations, identifying problems, isolating problems and resolving problems.
Responsible for in-depth technical papers and presentations to peers and customer management. The ability to guide and assist support engineers in problem solving is essential. The engineer will work with minimal supervision on complex issues with wide latitude for independent decisions.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering or related field - plus a minimum of five years of related experience.
• 5+ years in a programming support role for multi-tier applications (development experience)
• Relational Database experience (at least one of the following: SQL Server, Oracle)
• Experience with the latest Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (server and client)
• Ability to learn and apply deep knowledge of Siemens PLM MOM software
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• MOM/MES industry experience
• Microsoft SQL Server experience
• Oracle experience
Watch this great video to learn more about Siemens PLM Software!