Building TechnologiesBusiness Unit:
Region AmericasRequisition Number:
United States-Florida-Cape CanaveralAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Senior levelEducation Required Level:
Associate's Degree / College DiplomaTravel Required:
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
This individual will be supporting the 45th Space Wing and will be working out of Port Canaveral, FL. Successful candidate shall be thoroughly familiar with United Facility Standards, NFPA codes, NAVFAC requirements and United States Army Corps of Engineers specification details. NICET iV certification required.
This office-based position is primarily responsible for working in a team environment to create top quality fire alarm system design packages for projects in the Southeast Zone market place. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest companies in the world to serve one of the most unique geographic areas in the world.
The successful candidate shall demonstrate a strong grasp of utilizing software such as AutoCAD, MS Office & Adobe Acrobat in order to provide all design drawings, product submittals, and schedules for fulfillment of contractual requirements for each assigned project.
Working with our project management team, the systems engineer shall receive project drawings and specifications from sales team and design systems in order to provide the most cost effective solution.
Typical activities and position expectations are:
• Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimates and job layout.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and all applicable codes to determine project requirements and risks.
• May participate in initial job site walk through with colleagues, contractors, and/or building management.
• Designs systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of system device location layouts, riser diagrams, electrical point-to-point drawings, bill of materials, and sequence of operations to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
• Provides general electrical calculations inclusive of voltage drops, conduit fills, power supply sizing, etc.
• Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
• Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
• Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers.
• May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements.
The candidate shall also act as a technical resource to sales, operations, and customers in order to provide professional product application knowledge for life safety systems. Excellent
communication skills, both written and verbal, are required for success in this position.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required.
5 + years electrical engineering experience.
Knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat required.
Knowledge of fire alarm systems, security systems and general electronics or other
technical field desired.
NICET Level IV Required