Logistics Commodity Manager
Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 231246
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable EnergyWith a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Inc. is seeking a Commodity Manager who will be responsible for managing logistics expenditures in the US within the Global Procurement Organization. As a Commodity Manager you will focus on assigned logistics that support and meet the needs of internal customers. Key responsibilities include development of sourcing strategies, delivery of cost savings through change management, managing supplier relationships, developing and effectively managing internal customer relationships.
· Define and implement Procurement & Commodity strategies based on conducted demand, market and supplier analysis to ensure long-term, cost-efficient and reliable on-time supply in the required quality
· Monitor the market conditions to create a basis for deciding the optimum sourcing strategy and cooperate with the best suppliers for assigned commodities and local requirements
· Prepare and conduct negotiations to obtain highest feasible savings
· Generate, document and implement savings, e.g. CNI; plan, monitor and report on relevant KPI to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent
· Support Supplier Management processes (e.g. qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification); update supplier evaluation systems to obtain and develop the best suppliers and ensure transparency
· Ensure a close cooperation with Internal Customers to ensure customer care and early procurement involvement
· BA/BS Degree required
· Candidate will demonstrate a high level of critical thinking, team competence with own group, as well as internationally matrixed organization.
· Must possess excellent communication skills - written, oral, and presentation
· Must possess business management and entrepreneurial skills.
· Must be diplomatic and able to establish and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and other departments.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
· Requires a minimum of 2-4 years directly related experience within a purchasing/procurement organization
· Experience in the Transportation industry is preferred
· Flexibility and willingness for domestic or international travel (up to 20%)