Biochemist - Immunoassay Product Support
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 231251
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
This position is in the Walpole Manufacturing Support Technical Operations Department supporting the manufacture of ADVIA Centaur, Centaur CP, and Atellica immunoassay diagnostic products.
* Participates in and investigates manufacturing issues.
* Coordinates and carries out investigations and implements corrective and preventive actions.
* Creates and participates in the design of experiments to troubleshoot manufacturing issues.
* Coordinates and performs data analysis and writes internal reports and documentation.
* Coordinates and performs material and process changes following written protocols, prepares validation and/or test results reports.
* May lead a team or directly investigate the performance of new and re-formulated assays and manufacturing processes.
* May lead a team or directly investigate the performance of raw materials for use of manufacture of immunoassays.
* Works in the laboratory running Centaur, Centaur CP, and Atellica instrumentation with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry;
* 2+ Years job related experience
* Good understanding and knowledge of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies and principles of immunodiagnostic technology was well as experience with immunoassays.
* Demonstrated ability to interpret data and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
* Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology
* Strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to work as a project leader as well as independently.
* Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to switch priorities to meet business needs.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Advanced degree preferred: Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry
* Protein chemistry and chromatography knowledge and experience
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.