Intern - Technical
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 231253
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Boulder
Assignment Category: Part-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: No
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Do you have a strong interest in working with the engineering team who design wind turbine blades for Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy and contribute to make real what matters, clean energy for generations to come?
The Boulder R&D Center for Blade Design is composed of a multi-disciplinary group of engineering experts in aerodynamics, acoustics, structures, loads, and controls, who work concurrently to design new blades and develop new technologies. This world-class center offers an open, inspiring, and diverse working environment located at the heart of downtown Boulder, Colorado, an amazing place to work and live. We provide immense opportunities for both your personal and professional development.
As a Structure Engineer Intern, your primary tasks will cover:
· Developing, maintaining and improving pre-processing and post-processing tools used for composite design and analysis of wind turbine blades.
· Supporting structural design engineers by running analysis tools in R&D projects
· Supporting documentation needs for various projects
Structure Engineer Interns are required to possess the following:
· Educational background in Aerospace, Mechanical, Computer Science or Civil/Structural Engineering required
· Strong programming and tool development experience in Matlab or similar
· Knowledge of composite structures and composite design
· Experience developing/modifying tools for FEA pre-processing and post-processing. Ansys APDL experience is a plus.
· Strong desire to develop and grow under the guidance of senior level engineers
· Ability to communicate both orally and in written reports
· Available for minimum 3 months internship
· Minimum 3.5 GPA