Product Manager – Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 231262
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Energy Management division is looking for a Product Manager for their EV Charging Equipment.
With the new department “New Businesses” the Business Unit Siemens Low Voltage & Products
has setup a dedicated unit to develop new businesses including business model, portfolio definition
and Go-to-Market strategy. A key focus of this business is eMobility and related charging equipment. The
Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Product manager will support the build-out of portfolio and
new market development of charging station and in-line module technologies within North America.Culture
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal
responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our
processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and
external development opportunities. Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.What are my responsibilities?
- Development of global electric vehicle VersiCharge (EV Charging) roadmap.
- Development of requirement specifications for new technologies and innovations with the electric vehicle charging station portfolio.
- Assist in critical system integrator and partner management activities.
- Support business development in the identification and specification responses to utility and large program tenders throughout the United States.
- Support in launch of smart connected wallbox for North American market.
- Align with colleagues from peer business units to create a combined Siemens electro mobility story encompassing all facets of AC charging, DC charging, network, and grid management.
- Create and implement transition and obsolescence plans between old and new portfolio items within area of support.
- Develop training content for business development and sales in electromobility concepts.
- Assist in monitor field performance of product launches.What do I need to qualify for this job?
1. Bachelors in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science engineering, or equivalent
2. Prior experience in the field of Nanogrid devices such as electromobility, storage systems, inverter or controls. Prior experience in electromobility product launches a plus.3. At least 8 years applicable industry experience.
4. Working knowledge of basics of application engineering.
5. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products.6. Excellent project management skills.
7. Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
8. Team oriented personality who is willing to travel and likes to work in an international environment.
9. Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
10. Passionate commitment to the company vision.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.