Quality Control Technician 3
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 231289
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Product Final Release Technician will support the release of finished product. The position interacts with all levels of employees and management. The nature of these interactions includes answering release criteria questions, problem solving and quality and compliance issues. This position requires independent thinking, interpersonal and communication skills. The problems are usually technical, quality or compliance related in nature.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Manages and maintains quality documents related to the final release of instruments.
2. Reviews all medical device test data and Device History Records to ensure all required specifications are met prior to product release.
3. Acts as a liaison between Production and Engineering in the resolution of release criteria.
4. Ensures documentation requirements are met according to Operating Procedures, QSR and ISO standards.
5. Ensures failure analysis, re-test and corrective actions are documented.
6. From time to time, the incumbent’s supervisor/manager may assign additional unlisted duties/responsibilities on a temporary or regular basis depending on business needs.
7. Incumbent is responsible for understanding the Quality Management System.
Associate’s Degree in technology or equivalent program, or completion of a Technical School with at five years ears of relevant experience or the equivalent in related work experience.
Experience on Final Inspection related activities in a medical device manufacturing environment preferred.
Must be able to effectively communicate with Engineering, Production personnel, Supplier Operations and Materials in order to communicate and resolve final inspection issues.