Building Automation Service Technician I
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 231348
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Performs job start up, checkout, and troubleshooting for assigned projects. Provides guidance to contractors at the assigned level of responsibility.
- Perform End-to-End verification of I/O.
· Perform configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting of systems.
· Perform network setup and troubleshooting (IP, RS-485, etc.)
· Implement graphical user interface (GUI).
· Support Third Party Commissioning efforts.
- Perform wiring checkout and automation start-ups using provided software and tools.
- Complete adjustments and calibrations and submits commissioning reports on automation systems.
- Complete startup of typical systems.
- Operate PC workstations, user interfaces, IP networking devices.
- Perform software and hardware troubleshooting.
- Effective management of time.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum: HS Diploma with relevant experience.
- Required Experience: 2+ years BAS field experience
- Required amount of travel: 5-10%
- Required knowledge/skills:
- Basic understanding of Low Voltage Control Systems and Electromechanical Devices
- Basic understanding of Mechanical Systems
- Comfort in a Construction Environment
- Basic understanding of IP Networking
- Ability to adapt quickly to new software and interfaces.
- Comfortable in most aspects of computer operation.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred: 2 or 4 year degree
- Preferred knowledge/skills:
- Previous Experience with Projects (Scope/Size/Type)
- IP Networking Exposure
- Basic Electrical Troubleshooting
- Exposure to Engineered Documents (Submittals, Specifications, Blueprints)