EHS Site Lead
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 231358
Primary Location: United States-New York-Painted Post
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Painted Post Operations Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Lead provides technical expertise in managing systems, skill development, and leadership to enable Operations to achieve excellence and sustain a competitive advantage in all matters of employee safety, occupational health, and environmental stewardship.
The EHS Lead position supports local Leadership team members by actively influencing the organization to achieve their EHS objectives and responsibilities through strong EHS performance and continuous improvements.
This role reports directly to the Global EHS Director with a dotted line to RCE PL Head.
- Serve as the facility expert within the field of EHS when called upon to address regulatory agency compliance issues, third party safety & liability consultants and subcontractor representatives.
- Develop, implement and manage EHS policies, systems, and processes to ensure the effective management of hazard identification, assessment of risk, and implementation of controls with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensure compliance with company programs and procedures, updating as required, consistent with changes in legislation and company and client requirements
- Manage and report EHS information and statistics in accordance with company and legislative and site permit requirements (internally and externally)
- Prepare and manage an annual plan for EHS continual improvement to achieve objectives and targets
- Review business EHS performance and auditing of the EHS management system.
- Lead and manage achievement of third-party EHS certifications for site
- Be the Leadership site representative for all EHS matters for site including Union committees
- Maintain continuous improvement on EHS performance and EHS culture integration
- Support line management with emergency response; take lead in all EHS incident reporting; ensure effective emergency response program is in place; manage emergency response drills and accident/ incident investigations actions are assigned and complete
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree with a preference in EHS, Engineering, or Industrial Safety Management
- A minimum 5 years of experience in EHS or Operational management in an unionized manufacturing environment
- Experience interacting with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Experience working on an incident or emergency response management team.
- Experience developing and/or delivering EHS training programs.
- Experience in regulatory interpretation/forecasting. Proven ability to influence and collaborate under a matrix organization.
- Experience with building strong relationships with bargaining unit leadership and employees.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Certification in good standing as a Certified Safety Professional.
- Experience managing ISO and OHSAS standards.
- Experience in the practice of Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Experience working in an organization with a strong EHS commitment.
- Experience managing a manufacturing organization to a Total Recordable Injury Rate (TRIR) of less than 0.5.
- Experience in managing direct reports.