Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 231381
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Sr. Biochemist completes a wide variety of complex technical assignments. Performs complex tests or investigations pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials, or processes and investigates possible application of results. Obtains, correlates, and analyzes technical information needed to accomplish complex tasks. Completes the preparation of reports, charts, graphs, and other documents and advises senior staff. Reviews and approves related inputs such as complex drawings and specifications prepared by technical support personnel. Coordinates with engineering support to arrange for the production of complex experimental runs or for the construction of experimental models and special test equipment.
Specific Requirements Included, but are not limited to the following:
· Manufacture and test Chemistry & Immunochemistry reagents/calibrators for Atellica, Syva, Advia, Immulite, OEM, DM, and Vista product lines.
· Drives, executes, and implements compliance initiatives with quality system and regulatory agencies: FDA, DEA, ISO, OSHA, etc.
· Leads technical projects and implements regulatory compliance and quality improvement projects (i.e. DQSP-108 projects, Analyzer conversion, etc).
· Drives, executes, and implements technical projects in the organization.
· Collaborates with cross functional teams including Technical Operations, R&D, Planning, etc.
· Drives, executes, and implements lean manufacturing efforts, root cause investigations, process improvements, cost reduction efforts, and supply chain initiatives.
· Handles controlled substances within regulation – Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Criminal background checks are required.
Independently performs full range of standard work for the professional field. Refers complex, unusual problems to others. Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations. Provide general guidance or train support and/or professional staff.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments. Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.