Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 231408
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/energy_ management.html
The Systems business segment is seeking an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to support the financial activities of the business. Successful candidate will have 5-7 years of financial experience with forecasting, financial analysis, reporting, reconciliation and have excellent communication skills in support of support Product Management, Marketing, Pricing and Segment Mgmt. Candidate will also interface daily with Operations finance team as well as central Business Administration group.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? Apply now.
• Prepare monthly forecast and annual business plans
• Develop forecast for multiple sales incentives program: National and Global Distributor, Retail and Industrial rebates as well as support sales, marketing and pricing organizations
• Coordinate Sales Consensus meeting between Logistics, Product Management, Sales and Marketing, etc.• Calculate, validate and reconcile bookings, sales and backlog between various SAP modules to ensure accuracy
• Participate in the month-end closing process
• Prepare journal entries supported to accrue for Sales Incentives Programs by adequate calculations/backup
• Identify and resolve discrepancies by collaborating across multiple functional areas including production, marketing, logistics, corporate functions, etc
• Independently applies advance skills to resolve complex problems
• Evaluate data and analyzes trends in sales, cost, general business conditions and other related areas and propose action plan to improve business performance
• Perform complex financial and operational analysis to support short-term and long-term strategic plans and operating budgets
• Financial reporting and analysis of Orders, Sales, Profit, Cash and Asset management items for the Systems business segment
• Support LOA quoting process updating and analyzing standard cost utilized in the quoting preparation process, auditing projects to ensure adherence to Siemens Guidelines and reviewing proposed Terms and Conditions compared to Siemens Standard T&C’s.
• Preparation and analysis of Customer Profitability Report for the Division and by Segment as well as Margin analysis by Product Group
• Support Ad hoc requests as needed to drive organizational performance
• 5 to 8 years progressive experience in financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting & reporting
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
• Proficient with SAP FI/CO, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Hyperion
• Ability to effectively manage deadlines and prioritize in a fast paced environment
• Work with cross functional groups and relate financial information to non-finance staff
• Possess excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and be able to work with all levels of the organization
• Ambitious self-starter needing minimum daily guidance
• Complete the analysis of financial results to determine accuracy and com
completeness of information. Prepares various financial reports, compiles and reviews financial plans and budgets. Completes margin analysis of customers, projects, products, etc
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.