Quality Control Technician II
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 231409
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
This position in the Walpole Quality Organization is responsible for the inspection, testing, and release of raw materials used to manufacture immunoassay components.
Coordinates and performs testing of raw materials following standard operating procedures and quality system documents.
- Works in the laboratory running ADVIA Centaur instrumentation with serum and other biological fluids. Also performs a variety of inspection test methods including gel, electrophoresis, total protein, dot blots, and BCA protein analysis.
- Prepares buffers and other materials used in the testing process.
- Calibrates and maintains laboratory equipment as necessary. Common equipment involved in operations include pH and conductivity meters, electronic balances, micropipettes, spectrophotometer and gel electrophoresis equipment.
- Performs data analysis and compiles batch records.
- Evaluates and witnesses the integrity of data generated by other contributors.
- Writes internal reports to disposition non-conforming material following quality notification process.
- Uses SAP to manage inventory movements and quality decisions.
- Overtime and/or off-shift work may be required
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Life Science, Chemistry, or similar field of study.
- 1+ year job related experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize/manage multiple assignments and ability to switch priorities to meet business needs.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Previous cGMP knowledge and experience preferred.
- ADVIA Centaur and/or SAP experience a plus.