Service Specialist I - Building Automation Service - Hayward CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 231438
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Our Hayward team is growing! We are seeking a Service Specialist to support our Bay Area customers and ensure that their building automation systems are properly maintained and operating correctly. Ideally, we would like to hire someone with Direct Digital Controls experience; however, this also could be a great opportunity for someone with industrial controls or even a strong electro-mechanical background to learn building automation controls and kick off a great career with Siemens Building Technologies.
- Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after normal business hours.
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved, and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action, and repairs system.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP (technical support programs) / service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation instructions.
- Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
- May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and recommends the best course of action.
- Works with other branch, company, or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
- Participates in job site final walk and/or final completion for systems-to-service turnover on assigned jobs
- Conducts training and development classes for customers on-site or at the branch.
- Delivers technical support, coaching, and direction to end-users and field labor when applicable.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 10%
- Required experience: Electrical or mechanical experience that will allow the hired candidate to quickly learn our building automation systems.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to use laptop, smartphone, and tablet.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred experience: experience with programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting of building automation systems.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.