Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: 231452
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is looking for an Operations Manager for our Fort Madison Iowa factory. Our growing facility has more than six hundred and fifty employees that produce high-quality, wind turbine blades for the North American onshore market. Our operations include material handling, fiberglass fabrication, finishing, and final assembly. The position is responsible for leading one of our fabrication and finishing functions to achieve the desired safety, quality, delivery, cost and inventory performance. The role is responsible for at least four salary direct reports and more than one hundred hourly indirect reports.
- Safety: The most important responsibility of this role is ensuring employee safety. Lead the Zero Harm program that empowers all team members to identify and eliminate hazards daily. Partner with onsite Zero Harm Culture leader and EH&S Lead to achieve zero injuries.
- Quality: Drive continuous improvement of processes and systems to achieve zero defects.
- Delivery: Ensure customer satisfaction by reducing lead times and providing high levels of on-time delivery.
- Cost: Support your team to continually identify and eliminate waste from the manufacturing processes utilizing traditional lean concepts and digital factory technology.
- Inventory: Improve foundational inventory discipline and production flow to meet inventory accuracy and inventory turn-over requirements.
- Conduct team resource planning, staffing, training, communication and performance management.
- You will be responsible for planning annual maintenance and other budgets and manage adherence to budgets.
- Champion an environment of collaboration and a focus on achieving results within your team and across peer groups.
- Deliver effective change leadership to drive business changes while minimizing people impact
- You will communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
1. BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree.
2. 5 plus years experience in a manufacturing /operations leadership role.
3. Highly effective written and verbal interpersonal skills.
4. You will effectively act as a leader of teams with formal supervisory authority.
5. Demonstrated ability to organize, motivate and manage others to achieve results.
6. Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing or other environment leading other leaders.
7. Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
8. Skilled in data analysis using MS Excel or other tools to measure and manage performance.