Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 231463
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Dresser-Rand, a Siemens Business, is looking for an experienced Turbomachinery expert to support both order execution of turbomachines and development projects related to improving compressor performance. The Dresser-Rand US headquarter for radial compressors is in Olean, NY. Compressors are designed, built and tested in Olean. Thus, a highly skilled expert in the fields of Aero-/Thermodynamic and turbomachinery is needed in Olean to provide support on turbomachinery design, manufacturing, testing and problem resolution.
Strong Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) knowledge and skills are preferred. CFD has become an integral part of the component development process. The candidate will make use of state-of-the-art computational hardware and methods, and will be expected to broaden her/his understanding of aerodynamics as it relates to turbomachinery design and analysis. In addition, the candidate will be expected to contribute toward enhancing existing design / analysis software and processes.
Summarizing, Dresser-Rand, a Siemens Business, is looking for candidates with a good mix of deep turbomachinery knowledge and advanced computational (i.e., CFD) skills and, who are willing to work on development projects that require precise and detailed results as well as day-to-day activities related to order execution that require fast and pragmatic solutions.
- B.S. with 5 years’ experience, or M.S. with 3 years’ experience, in Aerodynamics, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Familiarity and a strong interest in turbomachinery aerodynamics (preferably centrifugal compressors).
- Knowledge of viscous and compressible flow theory.
- Experience in using CFD software and techniques to simulate complex fluid flows, including grid generation, simulation and post-processing.
- Knowledge of turbomachinery CFD software will be an advantage.
- Optional: Practical experience in programming / scripting using such languages as Fortran, C, MATLAB and Python.
- Good communication and organizational skills capability of working independently with minimal supervision, and the ability to function on individual and group projects.
- PHD with experience in centrifugal compressor aerodynamics
- Position Responsibilities and Duties
- The candidate will also have a positive attitude, good work ethic, and keen interest in aerodynamics, turbomachinery & CFD. Those having a strong desire enhance their knowledge of simulation and design techniques of turbomachinery, using large computational facilities, would find this position most satisfying.