Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 231463
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
The candidate will utilize commercial software and existing in-house processes and tools, based on programming and/or scripting languages such as Fortran, C, Matlab, and Python, to simulate fluid dynamic processes.
They will help to advance the aerodynamic design of Dresser-Rand’s products by automating execution, data-mining and presentation of turbomachinery CFD simulations.
Dresser-Rand utilizes internal and Department of Energy supercomputing resources for CFD simulations of turbomachinery.
The candidate will make use of state-of-the-art computational hardware and methods, and will be expected to broaden their understanding of aerodynamics specific to the design of turbomachinery.
In addition, the candidate will be expected to contribute towards enhancing existing software and processes and to support turbomachinery testing in Dresser-Rand’s facilities.
B.S. with 5 years experience, or M.S. with 3 years experience, in Aerodynamics, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge of viscous and compressible flow theory.
Experience in using CFD software and techniques to simulate complex fluid flows, including grid generation, simulation and post-processing. Knowledge of turbomachinery CFD software will be an advantage.
Familiarity and a strong interest in turbomachinery aerodynamics.
Practical experience in programming / scripting using such languages as Fortran, C, Matlab and Python.
Experience working with Unix/Linux systems.
Good communication and organizational skills capability of working independently with minimal supervision, and the ability to function on individual and group projects.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.