HVAC Controls Technician I - Critical Projects
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 231478
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Littleton
Other Locations: United States-Arizona-Phoenix
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 60%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Are you ready to be a major contributor to a world leader in Building Automation? Do you like to travel and work in a team environment? Siemens Building Technologies has just the opportunity for you. We are currently looking for technicians that want to build a career in Building Automation. We have multiple projects across the Southwest region of the United States that will provide experience on different complex systems and opportunity for accelerated career growth. If you like to travel and want to grow your career in a team environment then we want to talk to you today.
Performs job start up, checkout, and troubleshooting for systems and service installed projects. Provides guidance to contractors at the assigned level of responsibility.
- Performs wiring checkout and assists in automation systems start-ups utilizing commissioning tools.
- Coordinates electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
- Performs PPCL and Block Programming of control systems.
- Completes adjustments and calibrations and submits commissioning reports on automation systems.
- Participates in job site final walk on assigned jobs and completes all job closeout documentation.
- If improper operation is due to another component of the automation system not provided by contract, discusses problem with supervisor or customer and advises best course of action to rectify problem.
- Responds to customer service calls, checks indicated points of trouble, and analyzes requirements of system involved, and checks and test systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system.
- Completes and submits written reports covering all aspects of each assignment.
- Delivers technical support to end users and field labor when applicable. Handles emergency service calls as directed during regularly scheduled hours and after hours as needed
- Trains customers on company system prior to job turnover.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Willingness to travel
- Flexible workflow practices and great communication skills
- Abstract and creative troubleshooting skills are a must
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose low voltage or mechanical issues. Make necessary corrections or coordinate repairs with contractors.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Technical Degree in HVAC, Associates / Bachelors Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 1+yrs Bacnet protocol experience
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development