HVAC Controls Support Technician - Critical Projects
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 231482
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Littleton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 60%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Are you ready to be a major contributor to a world leader in Building Automation? Do you like to travel and work in a team environment? Siemens Building Technologies has just the opportunity for you. We are currently looking for entry level technicians that want to build a career in Building Automation. We have multiple projects across the Southwest region of the United States that will provide experience on different complex systems and opportunity for accelerated career growth. If you like to travel and want to start a career in a team environment then we want to talk to you today.
Supports job start up, checkout, and troubleshooting for systems and service installed projects.
- Performs wiring checkout and assists in automation systems start-ups utilizing commissioning tools.
- Perform pre-functional testing of systems.
- Completes adjustments and calibrations and submits commissioning reports on automation systems.
- Responds to customer service calls, checks indicated points of trouble, and analyzes requirements of system involved, and checks and test systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system.
- Completes and submits written reports covering all aspects of each assignment.
- Supports 3rd party commissioning efforts.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Willingness to travel a minimum of 60% of the time. Depending on business need, travel could exceed 60% (or be less).
- Flexible workflow practices and great communication skills
- Abstract and creative troubleshooting skills are a must
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Technical Degree in HVAC, Associates Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.