Service Project Manager - Intelligent Traffic Solutions Infrastructure & Energy Projects
Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 231517
Primary Location: United States-California-Riverside
Other Locations: United States-California-Anaheim
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions is seeking to hire a self-motivated Service Project Manager for our large ITS Infrastructure and Energy Service projects. In this role, you may manage complete projects, including the estimating, engineering, procurement and operations team and subcontractors, and lead the final design, construction and successful implementation of the project as well as the service and maintenance phase. You’ll also coordinate with vendors and subcontractors to assure competitive cost, best schedule and delivery for all project-related equipment, supply installations, and construction services.
You will report to the Operations Manager. This position may be located in Riverside, CA or Anaheim, CA.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Service Project Manager (PM) is the main point for all external and internal parties who are involved with the project and in charge of delivering the project on time, in quality and within budget. This is a customer service-oriented position, so someone with excellent people skills or field knowledge will be ideal for this role.
-Provides daily administrative and technical management of the project, oversee and support sub project teams, such as the engineering and construction teams in project design and development including scope, subcontractor selection, cost estimation, installation, and project scheduling.
-Manages internal production and external vendors and subcontractors to ensure quality control and project delivery on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
-Provides ongoing project status updates with all parties throughout design, ramp up, implementation and close out.
-Evaluates technologies and equipment; recommends most suitable for each application.
-Provides project reports, documentation, technical assistance, support, and collaboration.
-Manages project expenditures and job cost accounting processes: including accuracy, documentation, approvals, payment reporting, and tracking.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Coordination of all activities and appropriate and efficient handling and utilization of company resources
- Compilation of internal and external project status reports, coordination of project schedules, management of external and internal project meetings, and identification and resolution of technical and commercial issues
- Identification and analysis of systems requirements and definition of project scope, requirements, and deliverables
- Tracking and reporting of team hours and expenses on a regular basis
- Managing internal and external project budgets
- Determination of appropriate revenue recognition
- Overseeing all aspects of the project including Profit and Loss and analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and, utilization
- Compliance with the Siemens PM@Siemens Process and Guidelines
- Degree in Engineering and/or Business or combination of education and work experience
- PMI certification – Preferred
- PM@Siemens certification level SPM preferred
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Visio, etc.
- Valid Drivers’ License in good standing, issued by resident state
- Requires on-call response and local travel
Required is a minimum of 3 years industry experience, i.e. managing ITS projects and/or projects, which involve electrical and mechanical, engineering and/or industrial power construction with focus on complex facility infrastructure construction, renovations, retrofits, upgrades, building controls and automation, energy services, renewable technology and service.
The ideal candidate will be able to meet stringent timelines, be well versed in PM concepts and practices and have the knowledge of tracking metrics and project KPI’s. You must have knowledge of EVMS methodologies as well as Lean Six Sigma, DMAIC or similar quality assurance methods and the ability to create project plans in MS Project. You may be required to pass security clearance investigation.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.