Financial Commercial Project Manager
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 231519
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Low Voltage & Products (EM LP) is one of the business units within the Energy Management (EM) Division. EM LP offers a complete range of low-voltage power distribution and circuit protection products for residential, commercial and industrial applications.
The Systems segment includes industrial and residential power distribution and monitoring systems such as switchboards, switchgear, busway, power panels, load centers and standby power products.
The Components & Electronics segment includes circuit breakers, switches, and electronic circuit protection solutions.
Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity with a growing company?
The Systems segment has annual revenue over $550m, of which $250m is generated from the project business. It is currently seeking a Commercial Project Manager to join the CPM team to support the Project Management Organization of the business.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? Apply now.
The qualified candidate will possess a Bachelors degree in Finance/Accounting and previous work
experience of 5-7 years in Finance related fields. Good understanding of supply chain management with business acumen. The candidate must have good communication skills for collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and provides financial leadership in this role. The position reports to the CPM Manager of the CPM team and is located in Norcross, GA.
- Analyze and evaluate all commercial issues from project start (handover from sales) through the project execution phase (handover to Lifecycle management), ensure the contractual obligations are met.
- Perform financial planning, forecasting, controlling on projects
- Interface with external customers on project billing and contract or finance related issues.
- Point of contact for all commercial and financial topics for the projects
- Cost center controlling (including cost center budget planning, forecast and monitoring) for EM LP Customer Support group
- Monitor cash flow, revenue, and margin development, financial forecasting and reporting on projects
- Ensure project invoicing with proper supporting documents are performed timely and accurately
- Serve as point of contact for all commercial and financial topics including tax, guarantee/bond, and lien waivers
- Monthly forecast and project progress are monitored proactively
- Progress billing invoices are issued in line with cash flow projections
- Customer PO and subsequent change orders are reconciled to SAP Orders
- Conduct quarterly project review and discussion with LP Management
- Work experience 5-7 years in Finance related areas with industry/business acumen
- SAP (FI/CO and SD modules), Microsoft Suite with strong Excel skills
- Ability to effectively manage deadlines and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge, skills, or expertise preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP) or Commercial Project Manager (CPM), Financial Analysis
- Working knowledge of Accounting and Controlling principles and procedures
- Working knowledge of internal workflows and involvement of various departments
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.