Corporate TechnologyBusiness Unit:
Corporate TechnologyRequisition Number:
United States-New Jersey-PrincetonAssignment Category:
Full-time temporaryExperience Level:
Entry levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models
developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens‘ success. Our
central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays
an important role in this. Together with our global network of experts, we
are a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units and provide important
services along the entire value chain – from research and development to
production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business
processes. Our support provided to the businesses in their research and
development activities is ideally balanced with our own future-oriented
We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively
helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be
a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance
as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and
your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products
for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the
business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of
Siemens’ technological research together with the best.Job Description:
Are you interested in empowering machines with better than human perception and cognition skills?
Here’s the right internship opportunity for you!
Join our research group Vision Technology and Solutions group within Siemens Corporate Technology in Princeton, NJ has immediate openings for internships in computer vision and deep learning. We address a wide variety of computer vision and perception problems and have a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences. You will have an opportunity to test and expand your knowledge with a focus on innovation and real-world computer vision applications such. Our group is focusing on wide variety of technologies at the intersection of deep learning and computer vision and we are looking for team members that are interested in research topics including, but not limited to, deep learning, object recognition, semantic scene understanding and reasoning and transfer learning.
Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
What are my responsibilities?
You will contribute to development of a variety of algorithms and systems in computer vision, image and video analysis domains (including publications).
You will collaborate and exchange ideas with experts in the fields of deep learning and computer vision
You will implement concepts and solutions in prototypes.
What skills are needed to qualify for this internship?
- A current student pursuing a MS/PhD degree in Engineering or Mathematics
- 1 years of experience in advanced algorithm prototyping in computer vision, machine/deep learning, or related fields.
- 1 years of coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++. Further experience in scripting languages such as Python is a plus.
- Domain knowledge in computer vision and autonomous driving domain is preferred
- Excellent team working and communication (verbal & written) skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic, interdisciplinary team of experts.
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs