Senior Manager Software Engineering
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 231569
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens Healthineers is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead a team responsible for the design, development, integration, and test, of software applications in conjunction with hardware product development for a new Molecular Diagnostic instrument.
You will have the opportunity of being part of a startup effort within a large organization and to build your team from scratch. You will be lead multiple teams distributed across multiple locations. As a key leader on our team, you’ll play a crucial role in maintaining and evolving our engineering culture and coaching individuals to achieve their very best. This is a team leadership position; though you’ll spend a substantial portion of your time guiding technical direction and decisions of your team and will maintain a deep connection to the codebase including writing some of the prototype code yourself.
This position will report to the Head of Software Development.
- Recruit & Lead a software engineering team from a technical and people management perspective to build software for medical diagnostic instruments.
- Analyze software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Own the architecture, planning, execution and success of complex technical projects in alignment with overall business goals.
- Design and improve team process, and enforce technical integrity and standards within the team.
- Collaborate closely with Systems, Hardware, R&D and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational / performance requirements of overall system.
- Responsible for the growth and career development of engineers on the team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 4+ years of experience in technical leadership and people management, with responsibility for architecture, timelines, processes, and roadmaps.
- 10+ years of overall software development experience in impactful software products.
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams (local and globally distributed), including performance management and recruitment.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong software design skills architecting large, complex and low latency systems.
- Strong technical credentials with expertise in OOP, .NET, C#, C++, SQL, WinForms/WPF.
- An ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Experience managing multiple cross-functional, Agile/Scrum teams.
· Experience developing software for complex instruments, equipment, or devices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a proven track record of collaborating cross-functionally.
- Desire to join a start-up effort within a major multi-national corporation.
- BA/BS degree (Masters preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10% travel expected.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in a life sciences or regulated (FDA) diagnostic environment is highly desirable.
- Experience developing firmware and/or integration with firmware modules.
- Development experience with Real Time Operating Systems (μc os, FreeRTOS etc).
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with user interface design/development. Universal Windows Platform (UWP) experience is a strong plus.