EHS Specialist/ Project Quality
Business Unit: Real Estate Management
Requisition Number: 231588
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
The successful applicant will participate in and lead cross functional teams in developing and implementing EHS compliance and performance improvement programs as well as Project Quality tasks for US and Canadian SHS RE Real Estate Projects, to ensure continuing conformance with our global ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 certificate. This position is organizationally located within the Building Solutions Department of Siemens Healthineers Real Estate organization and reports to the Head of Building Solutions SHS RE NAM, and requires approximately 20% travel.
The EHS/Project Quality Specialist 4 position expectations include:
· Implements EHS compliance assessments and internal audits of Healthineers’ operations and third party suppliers, performance monitoring, and CAPA elements as part of the company’s ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 management system.
· Establish and maintain SHS RE specific procedures for technical risk management and OSHA with focus on capital construction projects.
· Develops and maintains EHS performance reporting to meet regulatory/internal requirements and drive improvements.
· Develops and evaluates new processes/appropriations requests for multi-facility applications to meet company objectives.
· Contribute to local EHS Management Systems as it relates to capital construction projects
· Independently performs advanced areas of work for the professional field.
· Supports the regional implementation of PM@Siemens
· Drives 3i and idea management to simplify processes
· Ensures consistent supplier management in collaboration with SCM
· Defines, implements and leads the Quality Management process within capital construction projects
· Ensures the execution of readiness checks at the quality gates defined in the PM@Siemens manual
· Assists and supports Project Audits to ensure compliance with all SHS RE and Siemens processes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
In order to meet the above responsibilities the following are required:
An individual with the ability to collaborate with others, at all levels from inside and outside of the organization, and complete assigned tasks on schedule.
Demonstrates and applies a comprehensive knowledge of EHS and project quality management principles to identify and resolve performance issues.
Applies advanced skills to independently resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices.
Provide specialized guidance or train support and/or professional staff. Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.
Good verbal and written skills in order to convey the technical elements of assigned tasks to others inside and outside of the organization.
Familiarity in using common computer programs such as word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation programs
Education & Experience:
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree.