MindSphere Advanced Software Engineer - Charlotte, NC
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 231594
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
For more information, please visit:
Digital Factory (DF) Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Mindsphere, Product Intelligence R&D – Advanced Software Engineer - Java– Charlotte, NC
Come join our startup culture and participate in designing, developing and delivering the next generation of Solutions on MindSphere…
We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic Advanced Software Engineer to join our Siemens PLM Product intelligence MindSphere Team. You will have the unique opportunity to work on the world’s largest IoT platform – MindSphere using cloud technologies (AWS / Azure).
As part of the Siemens PLM MindSphere organization, this position makes significant contributions towards delivering leading IoT, big data, machine learning, and performance analytics platform and applications. We deliver state of the art applications leveraging IaaS + PaaS in an agile-based process, you will support multiple scrum teams with planning, scoping, and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production. You will report to the Senior Manager of Software Engineering and work as member of an empowered team owning its services. You will be responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and maintaining micro-services that use the Hadoop stack and other big data technologies to deliver product performance intelligence applications. You will be a key participant in the adoption of best practices, new technologies, and organizational culture as we continue to improve our full stack DevOps and CI/CD approach.
Learn More about Mindsphere and catch the excitement by watching the video below:
• Comprehend, analyze and optimize components for big data search and high volume Data
• Processing, identifying deficiencies and driving improvement.
• Provide technology consultation; assist in defining the scope and size of work; anchor proof of concept developments.
• Collaborate with domain experts to ensure integrity of solution, alignment with enterprise architecture strategies and adherence to reference architectures and standards.
• Works with internal and external implementation teams in validating the feasibility of the proposed solution and providing technical guidance to those teams during implementation.
• Review the technical design created by implementation teams and ensures its alignment with the solution architecture.
• Ability to understand and apply abstract architectural concepts at a project and enterprise level. Broad and deep understanding of multiple technologies, reference architectures and design patterns in the areas of application and data integration.
• Work efficiently in an agile/scrum software development environment.
• Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for
• Build platform components using java, web services, Hadoop, and Solr
• Assist Product Manager in planning and development of new and
• Apply coding standards and best practices during the software
development life cycle.
• Analyze and fix issues reported in QA and Production environments.
Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
• Comfortable working from the command-line (Bash, Ksh)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, IT, computer science,
engineering, business administration, (or lower qualification with
relevant work experience)
• Embracing change to leverage new, yet proven, technologies.
• 3 + years of software development experience using Java and JEE
• 3+ years of Software development experience creating back-end data services
• 3+ years of experience in creating and consuming web services
•Experience in leading/developing UI and UX
•Experience in responsive website design and development
• Experience working with SQL, SOA, and Unix/Linux
• Experience using Maven, Git, Jenkins, Tomcat webserver or similar
• Experience with AWS or any cloud technologies. .
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience with Java 8 or higher
• Experience in an agile, DevOps environment
• Experience in developing and implementing Micro Services.
• Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL Database Platforms – SQL Server, MySQL, RDS, Redshift.
• Knowledge/Experience in IoT and Big Data & Analytics.
• Experience in Hadoop.