Business Unit: Controlling and Finance
Requisition Number: 231643
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Job Description Template
The position holder assists in the development of immunoassays for Siemens’ line of automated clinical analyzers. He/she will work as part of R&D project teams on assay projects that may span from feasibility work through verification and validation studies. This includes wet chemistry work, instrument operation, data collection and analysis, and documentation. Provides assistance in a variety of technical assignments pertaining to the development of new designs,
methods, materials, or processes and participates in investigating the application of results. Obtains technical information needed to accomplish assigned tasks of low to moderate complexity. Provides support in preparing reports, charts, graphs, and other documents. Provides assistance in developing designs for a variety of products, processes, and components
· Performs hands-on wet chemistry techniques to support assay development activities.
· Laboratory work assignments which are typically a portion of a larger project.
· Requires patient sample preparation and handling, reagent preparation, and operating analytical and clinical instrumentation.
· Requires familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) and a PC platform. Familiarity with standard statistical software applications is a plus.
· Performs tasks under direction of a more senior technical professional Performs data analysis using standard statistical techniques. Assesses results for applicability, validity and conformance to design specifications, and prepares summaries or reports on work results.
· Maintains lab notebooks and other written documentation.
· A Bachelor's degree with 0-3 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Medical technology is required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
BS/BA in related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applies it through successful completion of assignments.
Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
Typically 0-3 years of successful experience in a related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.