Service Project Manager
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 231662
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Fort Collins
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
The Project Manager will execute and deliver RCE modification and upgrade projects, mainly within Region North America but also internationally when required, drive customer satisfaction throughout the project life cycle and deliver expected margins.
The position will report to Head of Operations, Siemens gas engine technology center in Fort Collins Colorado.
Who are we?
Siemens gas engine technology center, Fort Collins is a system integrator bringing together best of breed technologies to apply to engines at NG compressor stations that will optimize engine performance, reliability, and reduce targeted emission pollutants. Over a thousand engines have been retrofit, and Siemens works on various OEM and non-OEM nameplate engine types: Clark, Cooper-Bessemer, Ingersoll-Rand, Worthington, Superior, Catepillar, Waukesha, Wartsila, etc .
- Project management of advanced service business such as Mods and Ups, Service Agreements, and Adhoc projects in line with standard Siemens Power Distributed Generation Services quality processess
- Utilize resources throughout the product line as required to deliver customer project
- Create project plans (schedule, cost, risk & opportunity, crisis, procurement, quality, resources ….etc.).
- Ensure that Quality and Health and Safety standards are rigorously applied to all customer projects
- Drive cost efficiencies and create additional sales opportunities during project implementation to maximize project margins
- Maintain strong customer relationship.
- Prepare and negotiate change orders /contracts with customers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum B.Sc. Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of applicable experience in industrial/O&G project management
- Experience in managing multiple and complex projects
- Clear written and verbal communication skills internally & with customer contacts
- Ability to make decisions for the benefit of the customer, the projects, and in the best interest of the company
- Advanced training and knowledge of job costing systems
- Ability to travel and presence onsite during site execution phase.
- Self-motivated and target oriented.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Working knowledge of SAP / Atlas
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Project management /PM@Siemens certification a plus