Sales Manager-Fire Safety Solutions-Cypress, CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 231690
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Siemens Building Technologies is actively searching for a Sales Manager for our Fire Safety Solutions Sales Group managing one of our most prestigious and highest grossing volume territories – Los Angeles. Reporting into the Cypress, CA office, the Sales Manager is responsible for driving employees to achieve business selling goals within the appropriate division through managing the sales function and ensuring strong customer relationships are established and maintained.
• Promote team selling and expansion of existing relationships across divisions and/or geographic areas.
• Coordinate engineering and sales support activities to facilitate offering and supporting quality products; Acts as a resource to sales employees regarding SBTs products, applications and services.
• Drive sales employees to achieve commitment to Building Technologies’ philosophy and customer satisfaction.
• Communicate goals, provide coaching to develop skills, manage employee performance, and provide performance appraisals.
• Review bidding to ensure accuracy and appropriate method to meet company and customer objectives. Assist employees in determining margins, identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
• Participate in selling to large/key accounts as needed. Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts and consider these customers needs relative to new product development.
• Support Building Technologies by networking with Zone, Branch, and corporate headquarters to increase knowledge of offerings, for yourself, your team and other employees.
• Provide input for best practice work and encourage employees to incorporate new ideas into projects.
• Develop sales forecast and provide input to budget. Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to maximize impact to SBT. Participate in development of long-range sales planning and growth strategies.
• Develop sales/ marketing promotions for distribution channels.
• Aware of competitor product/service information and advises employees on effective sales tactics as needed.
• Maintains trade contacts and participates in functions in industry associations in accordance with company policy.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field highly preferred, although candidates with a combination of education (High School Diploma or GED required) and directly related experience will also be considered.
• 8+ years of sales experience including two years of experience managing sales teams within a similar Building Automation industry.
• Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills for coaching sales staff and interfacing with customers.
• Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
• Must have a valid driver's license in good standing in order to participate in the Siemens Vehicle Plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.