Application Engineer Modeling & Simulation - Detroit, MI
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 231717
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Troy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
In this position you will report to the presales manager of our fast
growing Simcenter System Simulation Solutions and be part of a large
team of technical specialists, application and support engineers within
the Siemens PLM organization.
• Work alongside the sales team to apply technical knowledge of the
Simcenter System Simulation portfolio, leveraging a combination of
application and domain expertise to a variety of customers
• Develops proof of concept models, provide demonstrations and executes
benchmarks using the Siemens Simcenter System Simulation portfolio
• Contributes to the product development roadmap by evaluating current
product functionality, identifying customer needs, monitoring
competitive products, analyzing and relaying customer requirements to
the Siemens Simcenter product development team.
• Train and mentor client technical leads and subject matter experts in
the application of Simcenter Amesim
• Conduct technical discussions with customers to collect and
understand simulation requirements, propose solutions, and explain
benefits of our Simcenter portfolio
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities;
reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks;
participating in professional organizations and speaking at technical
trade shows or conferences
• Must currently reside in the greater Detroit area.
• Master of Science in Automotive, Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or
other engineering discipline, OR Bachelor of Science with several years
of hands-on CAE Simulation Software tools experience in a full-time work environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills and problem solving
capabilities. Ability to work as an individual contributor and as a
• Ability to travel up to 25%
**Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the
Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored
work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2-5 years of experience using one or more of the following 1D / system simulation software: Simcenter Amesim, Easy5, GT Suite, Flowmaster, Dymola, SimulationX, Kuli, AVL Cruise, Simulink, Simscape, Simplorer, Maplesim, OpenModelica, NPSS, Hysys or others
- Knowledge of Control Systems design processes including MiL/SiL/HiL simulations
- Industry domain experience in one of the following areas: Automotive / Ground Vehicle, Aerospace / Defense, Industrial Machinery