Staff Software Engineer
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 231728
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
· 8+ years of experience in software development in Windows environment with .Net and C#, C++, WCF, COM/DCOM, WinForms, Prism.
· Possess advanced skills in developing common and reusable frameworks using Prism, WPF, RESTful Web Services, and Swift.
· Excellent Knowledge of object oriented concepts and design principles.
· Good knowledge of Design/ Architecture patterns
· Experience with working on software for medical devices (or equivalent) is preferable.
· Guides very complex design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, and implementation and support software.
· Guides the development of software test requirements for very complex modules under development, execute very complex test specification and support functions of software development.
· Develops the estimation for very complex modules under development and estimates his own work..
· Knowledge in Agile Development environment is plus.
· Candidate will be expected to interact and collaborate with cross site development teams including but not limited to offshore development teams.
· Guides the reviewing of very complex customer’s standards specification and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements.
· Develops the presentations of very complex technical findings and developments.
· Guides the software quality process through the execution of very complex module, subsystem and system test procedures.
• Performs advanced area of work for professional field. Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures independently.
• Displays high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact complex and cross functional problems.
Guides and performs in complex design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, implementation and support software. Supports the development of software test requirements for very complex modules under development, execute very complex test specification and support functions of software development. Guides estimations for very complex modules under development and may estimate own work. Knowledge in Agile Development environment is plus. Candidate will be expected to interact with cross site development teams including but not limited to offshore development teams.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates advance knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments. Typically 8+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.