Intern - AI/Deep Learning for Predictive Analytics
Business Unit: Corporate Technology
Requisition Number: 231742
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: No
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies and the business models
developed from them have been the foundation of Siemens‘ success. Our
central research and development unit, Corporate Technology (CT) plays
an important role in this. Together with our global network of experts, we
are a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units and provide important
services along the entire value chain – from research and development to
production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business
processes. Our support provided to the businesses in their research and
development activities is ideally balanced with our own future-oriented
We at Corporate Technology are more than employees: We are actively
helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be
a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance
as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and
your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products
for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the
business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of
Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
Graduate Intern: AI/Deep Learning for Predictive Analytics
Siemens Corporate Technology is one of the world’s
premier research labs, consisting of more than 1800 talented scientists located
in North America, Europe, and Asia. Driven by a strong culture of innovation,
we have a record of developing cutting edge technologies and excel in
translating academic research into advanced Siemens products.
Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences.
What are my responsibilities?
- Conduct research in the area of predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Develop research prototypes as appropriate
- Generate technical reports as appropriate
- MS or PhD students in Operations Research, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related discipline
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
- Demonstrated ability working with python or another programming language
- Experience with Deep Learning tools such as Tensor flow, Theano, Torch etc.
- Capability for quick prototyping
- Past experience applying AI techniques to Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science problems would be a plus
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations.
What else do I need to know?
For more information please refer to our website at www.siemens.com
Additional information on the US Export Control laws &
regulations can be found on