Reliability Test Engineer in R&D
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 231754
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
For this position the ideal candidate has 2-5 years of experience in product development in an R&D environment. The applicant should be an engineer who likes product testing in the laboratory and working as part of an integrated design and product team. The position will have responsibilities to develop and implement reliability plans to ensure products meet reliability objectives as specified by the business. This includes testing supporting design robustness optimization, reliability growth testing, and root cause analysis.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Applied Sciences. M.S./M.E. is a plus.
2-5 years of experience in R&D environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides Reliability Engineering support to R&D Elements Teams. Attends team meetings and design reviews and advises and confers with engineers to give reliability findings and recommendations. Reviews engineering specifications and drawings, proposing design modifications to improve reliability within cost and other performance requirements.
- The position requires building test fixtures, writing LabVIEW code, executing test protocols, collecting data for analysis and summarizing results.
- Conducting Reliability Analysis to assess the products risks associated with design concepts and design prototypes.
- Designs, generates protocols, and reports on Reliability Testing using appropriate statistical techniques to show that reliability targets have been met with the desired statistical confidence.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information to logically produce conclusions supported by evidence; Collects and researches data; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Communication Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write reports and protocols. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from project teams and functional.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply engineering mathematics and concepts. Displays knowledge of statistics. Advanced techniques such as Design of Experiments, Design for Six Robustness, and Statistical Process Controls are a plus.
Travel - Able to travel up to 20% of the time.
Reliability Engineering, Test Engineering, Product Design, Robust Design, Structured Methods, Root Cause Analysis