Laboratory Technician 4
Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 231763
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Seeking a detail oriented, laboratory professional to join our R&D team.
- The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for reagent stability, test method development, and verification and validation of Point of Care in vitro diagnostic products.
- As a member of the Integration, Verification, Validation, Improvement of Product and Stability department, the Lab Tech IV will be responsible for lab testing, data collection and basic data analysis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with Siemens blood gas analyzers, ADVIA 1800, mass spec and UPLC. Comprehension of the basic theory behind these instruments and navigation of the associated software.
- Participating in test method development, validation and writing procedures. Validation of associated Excel data analysis templates.
- Conducting verification and validation studies per CLSI guidelines.
- Performing basic statistical analysis.
- Identifying and taking appropriate steps to assist in resolving semi-complex problems. Investigate unexpected or unusual results and effectively communicate findings.
- Assisting in laboratory support functions such as metrology, temperature monitoring and training others.
- Adhering to and promoting quality, regulatory and safety standards in the laboratory; GLP.
- Embracing Lean and Agile concepts in daily activities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Medical Laboratory Science (MLS, MT) or biology
- 1 to 3 years of related experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications, particularly Excel and Word.
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Strong team orientation but also able to work independently
- This is a first shift position however, flexibility, including occasional over time and weekend work, is appreciated.
- 5% travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Hands on training will be provided however, previous experience with blood gas analyzers, analytical and clinical chemistry analyzers, and working in a biohazardous environment is a plus.
· Familiarity with CLSI EP guidelines
· Experience working with blood