Wind Power Systems and Electrical Engineer
Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 231815
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable EnergyWith a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Power Systems and Electrical Engineer
Engage in a dynamic and quick-growing industry that empowers tomorrow’s future by aiding us to integrate our technology to the North American grid system.
• Support service fleet in maintaining NERC compliance
• Support customer questions on various NERC questionnaires
• Review customers in data analysis of MOD testing
• Respond to complex grid issues
• Review HPPP complex issues
Provide Engineering support for Supply Chain activities, to include:
• support vendor qualification/evaluation
• provide technical response/solutions for material dispositions
Provide Engineering support for OPS activities, to include:
• electrical components lead (power units, generators, motors, cables, electrical cabinets, controllers, grounding, lightning, etc.)
• support technical customer discussions (including electrical grid requirements, electrical test requirements, wind farm electrical design, etc.)
Work with PLM and Marketing in the region to develop NERC MOD testing products for revenue
• Develop WI for tests
• Develop templates for customer reports
• Develop proposal documents
• Develop Cost models/lead times
Develop white papers to support NERC questionnaires
Develop tools to support customers in NERC Audits
• Main Breaker settings
• Parameter settings
• Voltage/Frequency settings
Attend NERC committee meetings to review upcoming mandates
Participate on the grid global team
Develop service capability for PSCAD/PSSE models
Training regions on new Regulator/HPPP features
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Masters degree in Electrical or related field of study mandatory, Doctorate preferred.
· Strong understanding or experience with FMEA of electrical heavy machinery.
· Strong understanding of electrical power system operation and performance in steady state and fault conditions required.
· Must be familiar with 3-phase power converters and power units, power electronics cabling, etc.
· Schematics for control and power distribution systems, Single line diagrams
· Electrical codes/standards for Wind Power Plants (IEC, IEEE, NEMA, NERC, FERC, WECC, ERCOT, UL, FAA, etc.)
· Dynamic Stability and Load flow studies (including working knowledge of PSEE, PSLF, and PSCAD software packages)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Power system controls, Motors and Motor Protection
· instrumentation, relaying/metering, CT/PT, HV/MV/LV circuit breakers, Medium voltage switchgear
· Solid understanding of major wind turbine components and functions