Wind Technical Support Engineer
Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 231823
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable EnergyWith a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Technical Support Engineer
Engage in a dynamic and quick-growing industry that empowers tomorrow’s future by aiding us to support complex field corrections and maintenance dispositions for our North American fleet of SGRE wind turbines. A successful candidate demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applications and should be able to articulate successful completion of assignments. A successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate how one applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Typically 2-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· Prepare cases for Root Cause Analysis
· Complex Troubleshooting
· Detailed Engineering Reports
· Software design modifications proposals
· Customer reports
· SW Validation
· Converter and Power Electronics Diagnostics
· Analytics applied to processing and interpreting, more complex, less clearly-defined issues
· Product Deployment Campaign Management
· Field Support Process
· Provide support with on-site and in-house troubleshooting for semi-complex products and other related products to customers
· SW deployment
· Field support for incident reporting including power curve analysis
· Participate in recommending ideas related to productivity improvement, cost reduction and improvement in customer satisfaction.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Typically BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree. Certification may be required in some areas.
Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable. A sound understanding of and skill in several activities which involve a variety of practices and precedents, OR a basic understanding of the theory and principles in a scientific or similar discipline.
· Strong understanding or experience with troubleshooting of industrial machinery or electronics.
· Basic understanding of electrical power system.
· Strong understanding or experience with information management systems, databases, and other data storage formats.
· Strong understanding or experience with reading schematics for control, electrical, and mechanical systems
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· PowerBI, MATLAB, SQL, Tableau, or other data analytics engine
· Field engineering or technician experience
· Statistical analysis of failure rates or costs