Wind Technical Account Engineer
Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 231835
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable EnergyWith a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Technical Account Engineer
Engage in a dynamic and quick-growing industry that empowers tomorrow’s future by aiding us to support complex field corrections and maintenance dispositions for our North American fleet of SGRE wind turbines. The Engineer will be in charge of coordinating Key Account Customer’s technical issues for disposition through the engineering team. The engineer will also present status and resolution at customer business reviews and be the main focal point for the Operations team. A successful candidate demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applications and should be able to articulate successful completion of assignments. A successful candidate must also be able to demonstrate how one applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Typically 5-7 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· Support the Global Technical Account Manager on critical issues although initially were not so considered, and provide feedback of experience available worldwide.
· Lead Technical Coordination for assigned primary key customers. Coordinate technical discussions for remaining customers.
· Support the region operational engineering team by providing Feedback of customer relation.
· Support the region operational engineering team by being the focal point for all pre-sales support cases and requests.
· Represent the regional operational engineering team manager during regional customer Corporate forums (customer technical forums, quarterly business reviews… etc.) or coordinate experts’ support as needed.
· Prepare and assist to customer meetings (face to face or conference call, video) when requested and agreed to lead on priority topics.
· Escalate through the Support process and standard tools the customer issues that require resolution.
· Coordinate with other TAMs in order to share customer experience and issues (common issues, customer communications).
· Coordinate the immediate generation of customer technical responses to issues escalated to the second level if and when possible.
· Review and communicate to the commercial counterpart customer technical reports or scopes for quote.
· Ensure coordination and alignment on global issues. Align technical messages to be deliver to the customers. Regions, PI should be aligned with the same technical messages.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Typically BS/BA in related discipline. Certification may be required in some areas.
Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable. A sound understanding of and skill in several activities which involve a variety of practices and precedents, OR a basic understanding of the theory and principles in a scientific or similar discipline.
· Customer management
· Accomplished in implementing practical procedures or systems which are moderately complex, and/or specialized skills which require some technical knowledge (usually non-theoretical) to apply
· Thinking within clear but substantially diversified procedures; precedents covering many situations AND/OR access to assistance.
· Differing situations requiring search for solutions within area of known things
· May provide expert advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and train lower level employees
· High communication and presentation proficiency
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Familiarity with the wind industry
· Project Management Professional Certification