Building Automation Controls Technician - Detroit, MI
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 231863
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Plymouth
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Headliner: Great Opportunity to join a rapidly growing organization implementing IOT solutions to Building Systems.
Include the following:
- Lead technical resource to implement and function test building automation system installations. Aim for 100% customer satisfaction.
- Reports to the Operations Manager for Automation within Siemens Building Technologies
Participates in the performance of System Preparation & Design Coordination: works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; participates in the review/modification of job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, systems); and in the review/modification and upload of point database, review/modification of semi-complex graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
· Participates in the verification of point database and programming are consistent with scope of work for integration and sequence; backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves routine inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed; resolves basic issues; refers complex matters to supervisor as needed. Participates in the set up and configuration of PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirms proper network performance.
· Provides support for the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed; participates in the coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
· Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· HS diploma or equivalent required.
· Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
· Generally, 2+ years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred