Assistant Project Manager - Engineering & Construction
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 231878
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Des Moines
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Low Voltage and Products (LP) manufactures electrical distribution equipment. The equipment we manufacture is: Low Voltage Switchgear, Switchboards, Busway, Panelboards, and Panels. We are an equipment supplier. We are not an installation contractor. Our equipment is installed in facilities to distribute critical power in all types of buildings.
The role will be to assist an experienced Project Manager in delivery of complex technical projects. You will support the project management role (definition of schedule, budget, and scope) for complex projects. You should quickly gain an understanding of the technical design of the project. Contribute to execution of continuous improvement plans and capture lessons learned. You may participate in sales activities and client relationship.
Due to the large size of this project, and importance of the customer, we will have on-site project management. This is not typical, as most of our project managers work from an office.
You will be asked to relocate to the vicinity of Boydton or Quincy and be on the project site on a daily basis. This will be an opportunity to work closely with an experienced Siemens project manager and learn the skills of project management. In addition, you will see and learn about general construction as the installation contractors will be installing our equipment on this project.
Our Mission Statement is: The Project Management Organization (PMO) provides our customers, internal and external, with a value added experience. It is our objective to generate repeat customers while balancing the short and long term goals of both Siemens and the Customers we serve.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
• Assist project manager in day to day jobsite activities.
• Tracking of Siemens equipment manufacturing at the plant and during delivery
• Upon equipment arriving on site, methodically review all equipment for damage and review for completeness.
• Work in Microsoft Dynamics 365 tracking tool logging all issues, and recording all corrections.
• Assist on management of Busway, Panels, Panelboards, dry type transformers
• Change Orders – utilizing COMPAS to make any changes
• Coordinate with on-site installation contractor – coordination of deliveries, warranty issues, etc.
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.).
• Effective verbal and written communication.
• Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively across internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent organization and time management skills with meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to work in dynamic environment quickly adapting to changing priorities while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to lead projects proactively.
• Flexible approach; resilience to setbacks; creativity.
• Experience in working within large-scale, highly matrix corporate environment is a plus.
• Experience in Construction or electrical engineering a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.