Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 231944
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
- Supports Manufacturing personnel and QC personnel via technical expertise and guidance, as they build/test diagnostic reagents and materials that will be used by clinical labs on Atellica, Centaur, and Centaur CP automation platforms.
- Reports to Senior Supervisor of Technical Operations within the Manufacturing sector.
- Participates in and investigates technical issues associated with formulation and testing of immunoassay reagents and testing components.
- Writes compliance documentation associated with investigations, data analyses, and experimental conclusions.
- Works in the laboratory running Atellica, Centaur, and CP instrumentation with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
- Coordinates and carries out investigations and implements corrective and preventive actions (CAPA).
- Creates and participates in the design of experiments (DOE) to troubleshoot manufacturing issues.
- Coordinates and performs material and process changes following written protocols.
- May lead a team or directly investigate the performance of new and re-formulated assays and manufacturing processes.
- BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry
- 2+ years job related experience (may include time in an advanced degree)
- Good understanding and knowledge of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies, and the principles of immunodiagnostic technology
- Experience with running/designing/troubleshooting immunoassays.
- Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data, and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Led change or development projects to completion.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to quickly change priorities to meet business needs.
- Proficiency with Miscrosoft Office