Sales Development Program Intern (Construction Sales)
Business Unit: Construction Sales
Requisition Number: 231954
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half
a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy
Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and
intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid
and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants
and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent
technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
What Is The Sales Development Program Internship Internship (SDP),
In the Sales Development Program Internship, you will play an integral part in supporting the sales and marketing team by selling Siemens’ products, solutions and services to construction, industrial, and business clients. This program is a direct feeder into the full-time Sales Development Program. (Full-time program starts in the summer of 2020)
Your responsibilities may include:
• Understanding the rich history of Siemens and the Siemens values
• Learning about our business units
• Learning about the industry/channel/market
• Training on core selling skills and proven methodologies
• Learning key sales processes and tools
• Establishing internal/external relationships
• Developing professional skills and capabilities
• Access to and network with Siemens’ senior decision makers and key leaders
This instructional and hands-on program, when combined with results-driven, highly-motivated top graduates, is a recipe for a successful sales career with a global market leader.
Siemens is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role.
Here, the opportunities are limitless. Siemens employs approximately 46,000 people in all 50 states of the U.S. Siemens AG has a 165-year heritage of innovation and employs approximately 343,000 people in more than 190 countries. To learn more about our businesses visit http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
Program start date is in May 2019.
Who Should Apply?
We are looking for people who are resourceful — true problem solvers who challenge themselves to find the most effective and efficient solutions to complex challenges. We provide a platform for those who want to have an impact on the future and contribute to the successes of the company, our customers and the world.
To apply for the Sales Development Program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Majors: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Systems Engineering, Industrial Distribution, Construction Management or Electrical Engineering. Other technical degrees will be considered.
• Graduation Date: Seeking rising seniors (December 2019 or May 2020 graduates)
• Minimum GPA: 2.7
• Relocation and Travel: be willing to relocate for the summer internship assignment (assistance is provided for candidates who must relocate more than 50 miles from their permanent address)
• Work Authorization: Permanent work authorization in the U.S. is required