Engineering Supervisor - Building Automation - Rochester, NY
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 231976
Primary Location: United States-New York-Rochester
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Supervises the activities and performance of all design engineering for Automation Service, Energy and Solutions work in the Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Corning, and Pottsdam Branches, with direct reports in their associated offices. This position reports to the Engineering Manager for Zone 6 and works within the confines of the new, “One Engineering Team” concept.
Provides technical support, expertise, leadership, and accountability for installed projects in assigned geographic area or location.
· Plans organizes, directs and controls engineering activities for assigned projects. Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained, and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications, and cost estimates. Supervises engineering activities including submittal preparation, material ordering, shipping, labor plans, job site walks, job folder updates, and re-estimates.
· Provides direct employee mentorship, and is responsible for employee development within their group. Promotes provides training for, and ensure implementation of engineering related division productivity tools.
· Actively coordinates engineering activity schedules with the Project Managers and Operations Managers to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
· Participates in or facilitates representation for the Project Manager to Field Work Force Project Turnovers.
· Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provides monthly project estimates of engineering labor coat and assists in monthly forecasting. Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with Project Managers and Operations Managers.
· Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Solutions projects.
· Directs and supervises the development of project engineering plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work. Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction.
· Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract and project compliance. Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between engineering, operations, and sales so that project details, engineering or equipment changes, plan discrepancies or changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding and operations phases of each project.
· Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training,and development, allocation, and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training, and environment required to achieve employee success.
1. Responsible for driving standards, increase quality and leverage resources throughout the Zone.
2. Adapts quickly to understanding new products and its implementation.
3. Responsible engineering of all project work: solutions, service, regardless of project size or location.
4. Responsible for staffing to handle the forecasted volume for the Buffalo and Syracuse branches and their associated offices.
5. Responsible for the implementation of zone engineering standards and consistency to achieve One Engineering Deliverable with shorter lead times, lower cost, and improved quality.
6. This position is dotted line to local Operation Management to enable teamwork and adaptability to changing project needs.
7. Utilizes Zone and local graphical resources to enhance to deliver a customer experience that is intuitive and state of the art.
8. Responsible for engineering of high-quality engineering deliverables.
9. Responsible for reducing the overall costs of projects through sharing of engineering libraries, and lessons learned.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
· Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
· Requires two years of college or technical school resulting in an Associate's degree or a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalency plus directly related experience
· 5-7 Years Experience in Engineering or Project Management
· # Employees Supervised: 6-22
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project.
· Strong HVAC and Building controls knowledge
· Strong written and oral communications skills
· A Bachelor's degree is preferred in Engineering or Technology.