Fire Alarm Inspector - Building Technologies - San Diego, CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 231981
Primary Location: United States-California-San Diego
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Reporting to the Service Operations Supervisor, Fire and Life Safety Services, this position performs technical service to
customer's fire life safety sprinkler systems to ensure that they are maintained in accordance with NFPA standards and local AJH
- Assist with the technical support and test and inspect programs as scheduled.
- Performs preventive maintenance on fire sprinkler systems and components as outlined in the service agreements.
- Work in a team environment and follow the lead inspectors direction.
- Complete the regularly scheduled test and inspection of commercial fire alarm systems.
- Identifies and reports all system discrepancies found during inspections, identifying code and non-conformance issues
as well as system upgrade opportunities, and assists in field pricing of repairs;
- Documents all service activities and enters
time worked daily through mobile reporting tool.
- Performs fire alarm discrepancy repairs for items identified during test and inspections.
- Responds to emergency service calls as well as normal on-call rotation to provide 24/7 coverage for customers.
- Conducts training for customers on site or at the branch.
- Works with other branch, company, or external service providers/vendors to arrange service and to resolve problems.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Entry level but experience a plus
- (HS Diploma or GED Equivalent a minimum requirement).
- experience in the installation and maintenance of fire safety products;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relationship skills.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's License in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
**Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require
employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.