Siemens HealthineersBusiness Unit:
Controlling and FinanceRequisition Number:
United States-New York-TarrytownAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Entry levelEducation Required Level:
Bachelor's DegreeTravel Required:
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineersJob Description:
The main objective of this position is to perform a variety of laboratory procedures such as troubleshooting of assay performance issues, analysis of assay data, assessment of assay robustness, and other essential R&D activities involving product development. The position is based in Tarrytown, NY and will report to Director of Immunoassay Development.
The overall responsibility of the position is to provide support in a wide variety of semi-complex technical assignments.
Specific tasks will include:
• Preparing chemical buffers and protein based matrices.
• Participates in conducting semi-complex tests or investigations pertaining to the development of new designs methods, materials, or processes and investigates possible application of results.
• Obtains, correlates, and analyzes technical information needed to accomplish semi-complex tasks.
• Provides support in preparing reports, charts, graphs, and other documents.
• Participates in developing designs for a variety of products, processes, and components.
• Assist with laboratory and equipment maintenance as well as laboratory safety.
• Assist with ordering chemicals and supplies.
• Writing reports on a monthly basis, oral presentations on a bi-weekly and quarterly basis.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The candidate should have a good grasp of knowledge and principles of immunoassays and development process. Strong experience in developing in-vitro diagnostic assays. Broad chemistry/biochemistry knowledge of buffer systems, enzymes, surfactants, preservatives and statistical analysis, including design of experiments. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly technical information both verbally and in writing is favored. Must be hands-on, willing to perform laboratory experiments to execute to plan. This position involves handling potentially bio -hazardous serum and plasma from human and animal sources. BS with minimum of 2+ years of relevant industry experience in Life Sciences or Medical Devices preferred. Knowledge and/or experience in the field of chemiluminescence and immunoassays is preferred but not required.