Service Automation Specialist -- Building Technologies, San Diego, CA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 232012
Primary Location: United States-California-San Diego
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is seeking a Building Automation Service Specialist to join our San Diego team. This position performs Service Agreement maintenance tasks to ensure that our customers’ building automation systems are properly maintained and operating correctly; as well as small automation projects.
· Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
· Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action, and repairs system.
· Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments, and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation instructions.
· Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
· May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
· Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
· Completes and submits time sheets and other necessary information weekly.
· If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
· Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
· Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs
· Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
· Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
· Required travel: 5%
· Required experience: Demonstrable electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) needed to be successful in this role.
· Other requirements:
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
o Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
o Ability to use small hand tools, ladders, laptop, smartphone, and tablet.
o Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
o Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree
· Preferred experience:
o Professional computer networking experience highly desirable.
o Certifications such as:
§ Comp TIA
§ Network +
o 3-5 years Experience installing, servicing, programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting of building automation systems preferred.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.