National Operations Manager - Building Technologies
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 232060
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
- Supports all BT Solutions Operations Manager’s to deliver a standardized Solutions structure.
- Deliver and support all Solutions Zone operational activities. exercising cost control and maximizing price realization, margin, profit and labor utilization.
- Works with and advises zone leadership in developing and implementing long-term growth strategy and staffing plans.
- Drives execution of assigned zone business plans. Ensures adherence to all Zone Operations plans.
- Achieves Assigned Zone’s Balanced Operations targets (may include slip, absorption, utilization, rates, revenue/headcount, etc.).
- Support solutions operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth across assigned Zones.
- Directs the implementation of BT solutions operations activities including Workflow Standards, Lean, staffing standards, productivity initiatives, best practices and digitalization strategy. Drive a productivity mindset with local productivity initiatives using the Lean@BT program that deliver the productivity targets in each branch/zone.
- Ensures the effectiveness of policies and standards and those activities comply with all BT standards initiatives. Fully engaged in large/complex project reviews, identifying risk mitigation strategies and coordinating Large Project Organization (LPO) resources, as needed.
- Supports all EHS targets and activities for the Solutions Operations organization including the implementation of the Zero Harm Culture.
- Develop and deliver strategic and tactical programs as defined by Sr. Management.
- 10+ years of experience required in related field.
- Bachelors' degree is required
- 50+% travel is required for this position. Candidate must be located near major airport in the continental United States.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have ability to communicate and present effectively to VPs and other high level executives.
- Prior experience in operations management preferred.