Material Handler II
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 232069
Primary Location: United States-New York-Long Island City
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
We are looking for a Material Handler to add to the Siemens Mobility customer service team. This position will be located in Long Island City, NY, reporting directly to the Logistics Manager on the Amtrak ACS-64 TSSSA Account. This person will handle all transfers of material, kits, and supplies. Will be expected to perform any assigned stockroom task as determined by daily requirements for the ACS64 project. The right person will be highly organized, have a great attention to detail, and excellent communication and follow-up skills. This person will oversee any material-related issues, focus on EHS and oversee logistics and warehouse activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creates transfer orders based off of system requirements.
• Verifies and maintains associated stock records, logs shortage reports, and other documentation.
• Will use computer applications and computers to maintain accurate material flow transactions.
• Unloads, receives, verifies and counts material delivered to the stockroom.
• Packs and ships material back to company vendors for repair or replacement.
• Performs cycle counting of all material in the stockroom.
• Utilizes small hand tools and may operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet handlers, hand trucks, and the like.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: HS Diploma or Equivalent.
• Required experience: Experience in a logistics, material management or maintenance planning function. The preferred candidate will have experience in the railway services industry or corresponding experience in a related field.
• Experienced with ISM, JDE,& SAP systems as well as proficient with MS Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge with Access and Outlook
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• The ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload.
• The ability to perform job duties with a sense of urgency and focused on safety.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.