Field Service Commissioning Lead
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 232080
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 100%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Evaluates performance of projects in relation to safety, quality, on time completion, and financial performance.
Manages direct and subcontractor employees to ensure that installation standards are being followed. Reports progress of all assigned tasks in regards to schedule and compliance of installation standards.
Loads various operating systems software, firmware, Vario-Frequency Drive (VFD) and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) scripts.
Performs operational requirements testing for product performance acceptance criteria.
Ensures all system configuration, network, and parameters are loaded, and operational.
Enforce compliance with all OSHA, ISO, regulatory, and company policies.
Evaluates each assigned project for compliance with all national, state, and city codes.
Troubleshoots installation issues as requested by Siemens Management and Engineering Effectively train field personnel to continually improve the installation standard of quality by documenting proven procedures.
• High School Graduate or equivalent required
• Technical Associates Degree or1 – 2yr Vocational Technical Training equivalent experience preferred
• Ability to work independently, at customer sites, across the United States.
• 5+ years, combination of academic studies and work related experience
• 2+ years, Electronics or Computer related experience
• 2+ years, project leadership or program management
• Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, and building blueprints and equipment layouts
• Ability to pass Drug and Background Check
• Clean DMV or MVR record
• Ability to lift 50 – 75 lbs, pushing, pulling modules, modules with approx. weight 1900lbs +/-
• Ability to bending, kneeling, crawling and working in tight spaces
• Required travel >75%
• Strong electrical, mechanical
• A+, Network+, Server + or other related certifications
• Installation and Troubleshooting with a methodical approach to problem solving
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to work with customers via phone or e-mail in an efficient, articulate and professional manner