Senior ATMS Sales Engineer - Intelligent Traffic Solutions
Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 232094
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-Troy, United States-Massachusetts-Billerica, United States-California-Riverside
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions
Mobility in the U.S. is in the middle of a technological revolution, and as cities and states start to plan for and implement autonomous, electric, connected, and shared mobility infrastructure, they must also manage existing assets: highways, city streets, tunnels, and railway crossings that continue to be hot spots for congestion.
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions is at the forefront of this revolution. Today, we are working with transportation systems operators, traffic management and engineering staff, emergency support personnel, and city planners not only to manage their existing infrastructure and assets, but also plan for the future. Our projects focus on installing digital and physical infrastructure to help operators know what is happening and where, from tracking buses and trains on their routes, to locating and addressing stalled vehicles, to connecting drivers with important information about road and traffic conditions. We are also working on projects related to connected vehicle solutions (V2I) and to Mobility-as-a-Service – both integral aspects of our increasing focus on Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
Siemens Mobility is recruiting for a Senior Application Engineer for Advanced Transportation Management Systems (ATMS) to lead national sales for ATMS. This strategic role will support the existing solutions and the install base for ATMS projects and provide input and Siemens resources to carry out the strategy, business development, sales growth, and project implementation for all ATMS activity in the US. The Senior ATMS expert will report to the Head of Smart Cities Mobility Portfolio. Position may be located anywhere in the US.
In this role, you will be a subject matter expert focusing on ATMS and Smart Cities solutions - including how ATMS interfaces with Connected Vehicle, Autonomous Vehicle, Traffic Management, and Adaptive Traffic Control activities. Here, you'll be generating opportunities by analyzing and managing customer requirements, developing system design documents, technical narrative, developing complete RFP responses, defining winning strategies, and outlining the benefits of Siemens ITS portfolio specific to the customer requirements.
Furthermore, you will lead project teams during project implementation and guarantee meeting business goals and customer satisfaction by executing complex ITS projects on time and in budget. This role requires thought leadership in the respective solution space, applying professional engineering practice in ITS industry, leadership and communication skills as well as a strong background in customer relationship management, proposal management and project management.
• Assist sales and operations in the identification, qualification, development, procurement and execution of software projects
• Conduct customer visits to present the Siemens ATMS solutions portfolio and show Siemens value add as the ITS technical expert
• Act as technical lead on advanced software solution projects, including generation and review of requirements and design documents, and technical oversight of implementation and deployment activities
• Conduct project site visits alone or jointly with Project Management organization as part of deployment and implementation of ATMS projects
• Develop and present technical concepts for customized ATMS solutions to the product management and marketing group, sales team, management, and customers
• Communicate with procurement, outside vendors, consultants and partners as part of technical lead and project delivery oversight activities
• Review RFP requirements, design and describe technical solutions and other written documentation as necessary to support proposal generation efforts
• Gather market and competitor intelligence in the area of ATMS solutions
• Present at regional and national conferences on Siemens ITS technology and solutions
• Provide specialized technical training to customer and distributor technical staff, as well as internal/external sales channels
• Interface with product marketing, systems engineering and R&D departments
- Technical understanding of traffic signal control systems, advanced traffic management, adaptive signal control, transit signal priority, and connected vehicle (V2I) solutions
- Experience in deployment ATMS for public agencies customers – either State DOT or city DOT
- Able to translate user requirements
into effective system designs using appropriate ITS technology
Knowledgeable in industry standards
- Technical expertise in the areas of computer hardware, software, and networking
- Able to design, document, and troubleshoot field communications and IP networking solutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to develop new and innovative ideas / solutions
- Experience in business and commercial development
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- Flexibility to manage diverse workload
- Ability to work both as part of a sophisticated multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to solve problems
- Familiarity with Project Management methodologies
- Willing to travel ~50%
Education and Qualifications:
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MS Engineering, MCP City Planning or MBA preferred.
- Professional engineering (PE) certification required; PTOE preferred
- Minimum of 10 years successful experience in the ITS industry and successful demonstration of above responsibilities
- Experience as a traffic engineering and/or systems consultant or operating ATMS at a public agency
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.